Monday, February 9, 2009

Update on my Boys!

We've reached some new milestones in the past few days. 1st, Nathan's first tooth started poking through last week. It's taking it's precious time to come out anymore further but it's there...so everyone beware when he grabs you fingers to put in his mouth-it hurts. 2nd, Nathan is sitting up on his own. He can't hold the position for too long but he's doing it! My big boy! 3rd, this one might be a little stretch but, he's saying dadda. Zach says it's his 1st word but I think it's more along the lines of his first sound :)
THEN, drum roll please, Benjamin is 100% done with his binki!!!! He's almost 2 and 1/2 (don't judge me...I know that's kind of old) We've tried a few times before to "banish the binki" but it work. Ben would catch a cold every time (seriously, this happened like 3 times) and I thought it was mean to make him mad by taking away his binki when he was sick. We've had him trained for a long time to only use it at bed time but getting rid of it at bed time was the next step. We never offer it to him, he just ALWAYS asked for it.
Friday night Zach told him that he was a big boy and didn't need his binki anymore and he really understood it!!! So we've had 3 binki-less nights. Last night he looked at me and said "binki all gone" and smiled. The 1st 2 days though, he wouldn't take his afternoon nap because of it. But I'm so excited b/c today I laid him down for his nap & I just read "No Sleep for Cranky" and he went to sleep for his nap without a binki. woo hoo! He's such a big boy!
I'm glad we didn't press him too hard to get rid of the binki all the other times, because I could tell he wasn't ready....Ben came around though and the process of getting rid of the binki turned out pretty smoothly.