
On Saturday we went to Half Price Books. Ben got to pick out a new book, and since he loves trains he picked a Thomas the Train book called "No Sleep for Cranky". Sounds like a good choice. So at home Zach was reading it....to himself....not out loud or to Ben or anything, just to himself. The page Zach was reading at the moment had an odd picture so upon my request (haha that line sounds so proper) Zach told me it was Sir Topham Hat, he was getting measured for a new waistcoat. Ok, whatever.... but then Zach said it was because Sir Topham Hat was fat. Yes, fat.....Sir Topham Hat, he was given a new name in this particular book, it was "The Fat Controller"....which he was called quite a few times. That's not very nice.
So, we've learned to read Ben's books before we buy them. And now I have to find stickers to put over the word fat b/c I don't Ben thinking it's ok to call people fat. I'd just chuck the book out or something but it's Ben's favorite right now. I tried reading it to him just saying "The Controller" but my tongue slipped and I said Fat.....
Anyway, that's all I have to say.



