Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Stinker or Smart?

So today I'm trying to decide on an answer to the question- Is Ben being a little stinker or just a really bright boy? No doubt he can be both, but I'm talking about this one specific situation...
Today after quiet time I asked Ben to draw me a picture or write down some words to show me something he remembered from reading his quiet time books. He says "Sure!"
I go back to check on him and see him scribbling. (Now, when Ben draws he's slow, intense, & takes his time)I give him the benefit of the doubt and ask him to explain his picture- he says 'It's my name' which I see, but I ask about the scribbles. He says 'It's a rainbow. A purple one'. I asked him if that was in one of his books, he says yes...and picks the colorful ABC book. He said the letters look like a rainbow, so he drew a rainbow. Now, I thought that was pretty smart and genius but he also scribbled on the following 9 pages of his notebook the same "rainbow"- the big ones he said were special rainbows & the little ones he said we just regular rainbows.
I'm still debating about what I think of it, but I'm going to lean towards brilliant.
What do you think:


2 comments:

Angi said...

Well, I'm not prejudiced on the brilliance of my grandson at all. Really, this is an objective opinion. He is BRILLIANT!!!

Kristi@living-blessed-life said...

I'm going to go with brilliant as well. One because have you listened to their imaginations...wow!!! No telling what they see or imagine in those pages. So even if he was being a slight bit of 'stinker' there is brilliance in there too :)