Reading proverbs 18:20-21 this morning. The new living translation had it written in a way that really stuck out to me, as a mommy of two awesome boys and a wife of an equally awesome husband.
'wise words satisfy like a good meal; the right words bring satisfaction. The tongue can bring death or life; those who love talk will reap the consequences.'
Well, as a mom I'm always thinking about feeding my family. I want to make sure they eat healthy meals. Fruits and veggies. But (thinking about this verse) I want to be a little more focused on want I feed them from the words of my mouth. By God's grace, I think I do a pretty ok job (they get getting a meal)....I tell them how much I love them a hundred times a day. But, i want to do an excellent job (I want to make sure they get good meals....really good meals) I want to have the wise words that make my family not only fill full but happily satisfied. I want to have the wise words to not only help my family on a rough day, but to speak life to them on a daily basis.
Any way, that's my rambling for the day...not sure if it makes sense to anyone else...but it sure does to me, and I wanted to write it down so I don't forget it.
Monday, February 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Nice post, and yes it make sense!!!
:))
Love this Casie! Gives me something to think on. Also, always love hearing stories of the boys, but it was neat reading a Casie thought. You should slip more of those in!
Post a Comment