Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I ate a tire

So, you want to know how to ask for a hug in our house....mainly from Nathan (the anti-hugger). You just say, 'I ate a tire'. That's right 'i ate a tire'. You say it, and you get hugged.
History behind the code phrase: Nathan was sitting on my lap talking to me. He said something I didn't quite understand, from his tone I thought it was a sad thing and hugged him. I thought he was saying that he was tired. He said it again ( probably because he knew I didn't understand), I hugged him again...and this repeated for over and over as it became a little game.
Then, I finally realized he said he ate a tire. Tire meaning Ben's Lego tries...ate meaning had it in his mouth for a second before mommy put it away. But, now Nate will say 'i ate a tire' when he wants a hug....and Ben started it too....and now mommy and daddy are in on the game.
So... 'i ate a tire'

Few other silly saying:
Ben was playing a game on the iPad and I heard 'why is this iPad ticking me off'.... Hmm, wonder who he heard that one from. (I honestly wonder.....could have been mommy or daddy)

Ben thought I was being funny so he said 'you're making me dead'. Apparently he thought my classic line, 'you're killin me' needed some translating. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute!! I love your boys sayings :)

Angi said...

Tell the boys Nana said, "I ate a tire!"