So, for awhile Nate's eczema had been cleared up after taking gluten out of his diet. But, it's hard to keep it 100% out of his diet...a cookie here, a cookie there. Although he'd sneak bites of bread he'd just have a small/quick break out. But, he's breaking out pretty bad again. I thought perhaps it's because his immune system is fighting off something. (could be) But, I've been thinking. Ice pops make him break out...and he's been drinking a lot of cranberry juice cocktail. Boxed Mac & cheese and pizza sauce make him break out.... So, I'm wondering if too much food dye is his problem. So, I'm going to start reading labels and try to take out what food dyes from his diet I can. We'll see what happens...
Speaking of food allergies I read something interesting. Nate seems to have tummy trouble with too much diary but I didn't really have a rhyme or reason to it. I read that the fewer carbs a dairy product has, the less lactose it contains. That seems to make a little sense to why some dairy sits fine with him and others don't.
Friday, May 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment